Creating an Online Course
In the last decade there has been an explosion in the popularity of online courses.
And it’s not just a fad or phase, Ivy League universities are spending millions adopting online learning, sites like YouTube and Vimeo deliver information that hundreds of millions of people use every day learn something they are curious about.
In many cases the same information that can be presented in a book can be repurposed into a presentation in the form of an online course.
For those with successful nonfiction book or who are thinking of creating one, an online course can be an excellent way to expand on concepts, explain them using various media, and deliver more value to your customers.
Importantly, the perceived value of a course is higher than that of a book. Stated another way, the same information in a $10 book can often be used in a course that garners $99 or perhaps $299.
And like nonfiction books, online courses also lend themselves to related e-books, physical products, software, apps, seminars, speaking engagements, and other sources of substantial and sustainable income.
For years we have offered various “how to” e-products and online courses.
Our own site at SafelyLeaveTheRatRace offers multiple online courses as well as related personal consultations, all of which we create.
We are also experts at using multiple ways to monetize your course and its content and to get exposure in your niche. We never lose sight of the fact that every course is also about making you money.
What We Can Do For You
This business grew out of our efforts helping friends do what we’ve been doing for many years.
We innovate, create, and operate our own online courses so we know what’s essential and what’s hype-of-the-day fluff.
All our projects start with talking to you and engineering exactly what you need and nothing you don’t.
Here’s some of what we offer:
• discuss your goals and preferences and help you decide whether an online course is right for your situation
• discuss the options such as email course, audio course, video course, or a combination of those and the pros and cons of every choice
• help you craft the best course name, approach, and voice of your presentation
• help you layout a logical, comprehensive sequence of course lessons and resources
• design a visual course layout and color scheme that is relevant to your niche and conveys the image you want to project
• advise on and install course-presentation software and lesson modules at your website
• and much more